Cosmopolitan and lively, stretching along the southern coast of the island, Limassol has occupied the place of the main financial center of Cyprus.
It is relatively inexpensive here compared to other European countries, it is easier to find a job than in other cities of the island. Limassol is an ideal place to buy real estate.
Usually the owners are well acquainted with all instances of housing issues. But sometimes it is simply not possible to find the right address. Despite the fact that many things can be done online today, sometimes you need to visit the office.
In this article we share useful addresses and information for the property owners of Cyprus and those who plan to become them.
Citizen Service Center
In Greek, the name sounds Το Κέντρο Εξυπηρέτησης του Πολίτη or in short, ΚΕΠ. Not far from Limassol Castle, on Dimitri Mitropoulou Street, there is a central ΚΕΠ. This is a concentrate of all the services and departments of Cyprus, which, having previously signed up, can be visited on almost any paper issue. As a rule, notaries and translators can also be found here.
The exact address of the central ΚΕΠ in the center of Limassol is Spyrou Araouzou Str., 21. The office is open from 8:00 to 17:00 every weekday.
Each municipality of Cyprus has its own citizen service center. Therefore, it is more convenient to use what is next to you.
Cyprus is divided into several districts, which themselves are divided into 33 separate municipalities. Each of them has its own chosen chapter. There are six main municipalities in Limassol with mayors and a municipal council:
- Limassol City Hall is located in the center at Town Hall, 23 Arch. Kyprianos.
- The Municipality of Agios Athanasios is located at Stavraetou tou Macheiras 42, Agios Athanasios Limassol.
- Municipality of Kato Polemidia on Panagias Evangelistrias Street, 128, Kato Polemidia, Limassol. It has its own Citizen Service Center.
- The Municipality of Germasogeia can be visited at Agia Paraskevi 74.
- The municipality of Mesa Geitonia can be found at Griva Digeni, 14, Mesa Geitonia. The service center for citizens of the districts of this municipality is located here.
- The municipality of Ypsonas is located on the street Archiepiskopou Makariou III, 120 Ypsonas. The Service Center for citizens of this area even has a delivery of documents. Ypsonas is a fairly large area in the direction of Paphos, about a 20—minute drive from the center of Limassol. By the way, currently there is an active low-rise construction, and the prices for new buildings are very cheap.
It should be noted that the Government of Cyprus from time to time expresses a desire to unite small municipalities. But they defend independence as best they can. At the same time, municipalities have broad powers.
Tax Service in Limassol
The Income Tax Office is located in the central part of the city at the address of 16th June Str., 3. Basic taxes can be paid online. However, in the case of renting out real estate or increasing the turnover of your business, you will have to visit the tax office in person.
Each city of Cyprus has its own representative office of the District Lands Office (DLO) of the Land Department. This is the most important organization during the registration of documents for real estate for the owner.
The Department accepts and processes all forms of applications for the transfer of real estate, mortgage, sale, valuation, registration, mapping of real estate, issuance of copies of maps of real estate plans.
The Lemesos District Lands Office (DLO) located at Demokratias Str., 54, Limassol. The tall building at the intersection of Demokratias Street and Franklin Roosevelt Avenue, you will definitely not miss.
The Land Department is open on weekdays from 7:45 to 13:15.
Notary in Limassol
According to the Law on Certifying Persons of 2012 N(165(I)/2012), authentication of signatures and seals on documents is carried out by official certifying persons. Notaries are called in Cyprus Πιστοποιούντες Υπάλληλοι.
There are many notary offices on the island (Πιστοποιούντες Υπάλληλοι) and law offices with excellent service.
In addition, there are notaries in the Citizen Service Centers (Citizen Service Center or Το Κέντρο Εξυπηρέτησης του Πολίτη (ΚΕΠ), which we talked about at the beginning of the article, as well as in the Land Registry Department.
Mouchtares (Muhtars) of Limassol
Nevertheless, Cypriots often turn to the district head — muchtaris (κοινοτάρχης), who also performs the functions of a notary. Muchtares can be useful to a real estate owner when he rents out a house. The contacts of all the muchtares of the Limassol communities are publicly available.
Limassol Electric Power Management Office
To solve issues related to electricity, you need to visit one of the offices of the Electricity Authority of Cyprus. There are two of them in Limassol. The first one is located at 4 Sotiri Tofiini Str. Lemesos in the area of Agios Athanasios. The address of the second office is 55 Ag. Andreou Str., Lemesos, it is located in the Old Town area.
A list of questions for which you can contact the electricity offices:
- Payment of bills
- Connecting, disconnecting or transmitting electricity
- General information about invoices and tariffs
- Changing and updating payers' data
- Applications for receiving an invoice in electronic form (electronic invoice)
- Applications for a Direct Debit Mandate (SEPA)
- Applications for joining the monthly payment scheme to pay bills
The central office of water in Limassol
In any city on the island, this is the most interesting place among other public institutions. As a rule, the water office is decorated with paintings on the theme of caring for water resources and even a small museum with vintage plumbing and water meters.
In the Water Board, people usually renew a contract to pay for water when buying or renting housing, as well as solve various other issues related to water supply. In theory, you can contact the Central Office of Limassol Water by phone 24 hours a day, but to solve paper issues, you need to come yourself with a passport and real estate documents.
Office address Franklin Roosevelt Str. 66, Limassol. The office is open from 7:45 to 15:00.
By the way, the residents of Limassol are lucky, because one of the most curious museums is located here — the Museum of Water and the Development of Water Consciousness — located in the historical building of a real pumping station.
Where can I make and certify translations?
There are quite a lot of translation agencies in Limassol. You can choose the one closest to home or work. The main thing is to clarify whether there is an opportunity to certify the papers.
One of the most popular Multilingual Translation Centers in the LITC Russian-English school near the embankment and Molos Park in the center of Limassol is located at 340-342 Agiou Andreou Str., Limassol.
Have you decided to buy an apartment or a house in Cyprus? Contact DOM! The website offers a huge selection of real estate —residential and commercial. Experienced agency specialists will be happy to help you make the right choice.
- How to Get Cyprus Citizenship
- Buying real estate in Cyprus for cryptocurrency
- How to Sell Property in Cyprus If Owner Minor
- Permanent residence in Cyprus
- Commercial real estate: where to invest in Cyprus?
- Real estate for yachtsmen in Cyprus
- Rent to buy scheme in Cyprus: myth or reality?
Photos: DOM, Pixabay, Municipalities of Limassol