UCLan Students Nest Phase 2 is the second campus accommodation development for university students of UCLan Cyprus in addition to Phase 1, which already exists, offering an exclusive on-campus stay.
This unique development is located in Pyla, Larnaka next to the main academic site of UCLan Cyprus. With the completion and delivery of Phase 1, the project has been highly sought after and the demand for accommodation has risen.
It includes 206 units and features studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments, a pool, open gym area, underground parking, spacious main living areas, green areas and many more facilities.
The practicality of the location offers easy access to Larnaka International Airport, the main motorway system that links Larnaka to other major cities, as well as a variety of local amenities such as pharmacies, banks, supermarkets, shops and nightlife in the centre of Larnaka, as well as sandy Blue-Flag beaches.
- School - 10 km
- Airport - 18 km
- University - 100 m
- Beach - 3 km
- Hospital - 12 km
- Shops - 500 m
The University of Central Lancashire has been recognized as one of the world's top 1000 universities in the 2017 Best Global Universities Rankings, which were published by the American Media Organization U.S News & World Report. UCLan is the 64th highest ranking UK Institution and ranks 908th overall in the world.
The University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus (UCLan Cyprus) has been successfully registered as one of the 8 Universities of the Republic of Cyprus and is the only University in Cyprus to offer double degrees accredited in both the UK and Cyprus, giving local and international student access to The highest quality of British undergraduate and postgraduate education.
All Programmes of study are evaluated and recognized by the Ministry of Education & Culture in Cyprus. In addition, they meet the high-quality standards required by the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). The University is well established with an excellent team of academic and professional staff, and an ever-growing family of 1500 undergraduate and research students from more than 33 countries.
Pyla is a great place to reside with all the comforts and facilities available, close to Blue-flag sandy beaches, easy access to the island's motorway network and a short drive from Larnaka Centre. It only takes 20 Minutes towards the Larnaka Internatioral Airport, 20 minutes to the cosmopolitan Ayia Napa, 45 minutes to Lemesos and 35 minutes to Lefkosia, the capital of Cyprus.
The Student Nest Phase 2 has all the facilities and amenities that make the life of the student a great experience should they choose to study and live at the UCLan Cyprus campus.
- Studio, one a two-bedroom apartments
- Kitchen area
- Gated Project with security
- Spacious main living area
- Underground level with adequate car parking space
- Open gym area
- Very spacious en-suite rooms
- Table tennis
- Fully Furnished
- Sports facilities
- Bicycle lanes with bike stands
- Public Transport- Bus Service
- Private green areas
REINFORCED CONCRETE FRAME AND FOUNDATIONS
- Seismic Designed: The structural design is carried out in accordance with the latest Anti-earthquake codes of practice (Eurocodes).
- The structure is reinforced with high tensile steel, cut and bent to the latest code of practice. All steel has the required quality certificates.
- The concrete is produced by modern batching plants in close proximity and conveyed to the projects using modern truck mixers and pumped in position under the strict supervision of the quality control team. For the UCLan Cyprus Students Halls buildings C25 and C30 concrete mixtures are used.
- All necessary procedures and tests are carried out on the freshly laid concrete to ensure specifications are met and are in accordance with the latest code of practice.
- The reinforced concrete frame and foundations are continuously cured and de-shuttering takes place after the concrete meets the required strength as dictated by our laboratory engineers and after crushing tests carried out on cubes taken during concreting.
- External and internal walls are constructed with the best quality of well-baked hollow clay bricks brought on site in pallets to avoid breakages and cracks.
- All external walls are 250mm wide which also meet insulation specifications, and internal walls are 100/200mm wide.
- The bricks are laid in position by experienced bricklayers under the strict supervision of our supervisors and engineers.
- All bricks used are in strict compliance with the appropriate standards of tolerance, compressive strength, water absorption and fire resistance.
WALLS AND CEILING FINISHES
- External walls are finished with three coats of waterproof fibre reinforced plasters and painted using high-quality external paints to our Technical Director's approval.
- Internal walls are coated with three coats of plaster to give a smooth finish and painted with three coats of high-quality emulsion paint to our Technical Director's color choice.
- Ceilings are given a coat of levelling compound (Spatula) and painted with three coats of high quality of emulsion paint to the Technical Director's color choice.
- Internal areas of the flats, verandas and other common areas will be covered with tiles to our Technical Director's choice.
- Tiles also will be used for bathroom walls and flooring to our Technical Director's choice.
- The steps and risers of the internal staircase are of granite to our Technical Director's choice.
- Mild steel balustrades painted to our Technical Director's choice.
QUALITY PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS
- Member of Quality Group
- Established since 1991
- Premier property developer in Cyprus
- Construction of residential, commercial, healthcare, education and tourism-related projects
- More than 100 projects completed
- More than 30 projects under construction
- More than 2000 units currently released