The Cyprus Department of Environment has approved a large project in Peyia, Paphos, which is owned by the company of former President George Vassiliou.
This ambitious project includes a research and technology center, a rehabilitation center, luxury villas, a Cypriot handicrafts exhibition area, restaurants, leisure facilities, shops and a gym.
In addition, a large biological wastewater treatment plant will be built in Peyia as part of the new project.
According to the owner company, the project is planned to be implemented in two stages:
- Phase A includes the construction of 45 luxury 3-bedroom villas, 75 1-bedroom apartments, R&D centers, and a 50-seat cafeteria.
- Phase B includes the construction of 45 luxury 3-bedroom villas, 75 1-bedroom apartments, a rehabilitation center with 100 beds.
It is worth noting that at a distance of about 500 m northwest of the site where the biological wastewater treatment plant will appear, there are Natura 2000 network zones, a public importance area (SCI), the Akamas peninsula (CY4000010) and the Akamas special protection zone (SPA). The Peyia State Forest is located about 500 m southeast of the development site.
By the way, the project will fall within the administrative boundaries of the municipality of Peyia.
The exact location of the project has already been approved within the framework of the implementation of the general territorial plan (master plan) "Consolidated development of large and complex use", for which a license with Urban Development Permit No. PAF / 506/2015 has already been issued.
It must be said that the building site is part of the urban zone Z1. To the south, it borders the urban residential area H5, while the urban residential area H2 is approximately 300 m away. To the north-east of the site, at a distance of about 110 m, there is the agricultural zone C3.
A more detailed plan for the new project includes:
- Rehabilitation center for 130 rooms (200-250 beds). The total area of the building will be 6,250 m2 and the compaction area of the land will be 2,246 m2.
- Center for Research and Technology in Health and Environment. The total area of the buildings will be approximately 3,000 m2 and the compaction area of the land will be approximately 1,552 m2.
- 300 m2 commercial premises (shops, souvenirs, mini-market, bank and cash desk).
- Two restaurants and cafes - 300 m2.
- Recreation area with a cafeteria, hall and reception - 400 m2.
- Maintenance premises and sales offices of the complex - 300 m2.
- Fitness and wellness center (SPA) - 400 m2.
- Art gallery with a total area of 250 m2.
- Exhibition space of Cypriot handicrafts - 250 m2.
- Infrastructure areas - 280 m2.
- Utilities with - 1,280 m2.
Residential development will include:
- A complex of high-rise buildings for 145 apartments: 160m2 20 apartments with four bedrooms, 120m2 50 apartments with three bedrooms, 80m2 75 apartments with two bedrooms.
- 129 houses, which will be divided into three categories: 275 m2 26 four-bedroom villas, 160m2 71 three-bedroom villas, 120m2 32 two-bedroom villas.
Among other things, the project provides for the construction of:
- public road networks;
- private road networks;
- pedestrian and bicycle roads;
- public and private parking;
- biological wastewater treatment plant (municipal wastewater and liquid waste from the purification of pools with backwash), the capacity of which will be 380 km / day;
- a storage tank for liquid waste in case of emergency with a capacity of 300 m2;
- a wastewater treatment tank with a capacity of about 4 thousand m2;
- a small reservoir for collecting rainwater.
Since the project is described as a “sustainable development project and a near-zero energy settlement”, it will be funded by the EU in accordance with the Zero-Plus project directive.
More information on new projects can be found on the DOM Real Estate portal. The website also has a large number of Cyprus properties, both residential and commercial. Choose and contact professionals who will help you make the right choice!