All benefits and full instructions about Cyprus permanent residence are available at the following link.
Procedure for the Submission and Examination of an Application:
- Applications accompanied with the required documents must be submitted directly to the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD), personally or through an authorised representative (relevant telephone numbers are 22-403921 and 22-403943). A fee of €500 is payable with the submission of the application.
- Applications that are submitted through authorised representatives must be accompanied by an authorisation letter from the applicant stating the particulars, full address and contact number of the representative.
- The application shall be processed by the CRMD and be submitted to the Minister of Interior, through the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Interior. An interview with the applicant shall take place only when deemed necessary by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Interior.
- The Ministry of Interior shall notify the applicant or his/her authorised representative and the CRMD as to the decision of the Minister of Interior.
- Time schedule for issuing an Immigration Permit:
- It should be stressed that, provided the criteria of this policy are satisfied and there are no reasons with regard to either the criminal record of the applicant or to public order and public security issues, the application shall be examined by the Minister of Interior in a positive manner and an Immigration Permit shall be issued.
- It is estimated that the procedure described in this policy statement for the examination of the application shall not exceed two (2) months from the date of the submission of a complete application.
The following forms are available electronically:
- Checklist of the documents submitted with the application (download)
- Checklist of the documents submitted with the application for adult children (download)
- Checklist of the documents submitted with the application for applicant’s parents (download)
- Affidavit or Official Statement as to the annual income of the applicant, with other supporting evidence (download)
- Official declaration as to the confirmation of non-employment of the applicant and his spouse in Cyprus (download)